Chakra Supporting Foods For A Healthy Body And Mind
You are what you eat. This age-old adage has been passed down through the generations because it is true. Foods have a direct impact on your health, including your chakras. The chakra supporting foods can especially help clear, recharge, heal, as well as balance your energy chakras before any symptoms start to develop.
What are Chakras?
Chakras are our body’s energy centers. There are seven main chakras located along the spine from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. Each chakra is associated with different colors, emotions, and physical areas of the body. When one or more of our chakras become blocked or out of balance, it can lead to physical, emotional, and mental health issues.
The Seven Main Chakras
- Root Chakra - Red - Base of spine - Security and survival
- Sacral Chakra - Orange - Lower abdomen - Creativity and sexual energy
- Solar Plexus Chakra - Yellow - Upper abdomen - Self-esteem and personal power
- Heart Chakra - Green or Pink - Center of chest - Love and compassion
- Throat Chakra - Blue - Throat region - Communication and self-expression
- Third eye Chakra - Indigo - Between eyebrows - Intuition and imagination
- Crown Chakra - Purple or White - Top of head - Spiritual connection and wisdom
Chakra Supporting Foods
Now that we know a little more about what chakras are and their purpose let’s talk about some specific foods that can help support each one. Keep in mind that you don’t have to eat all of these foods all the time, but incorporating them into your diet on a regular basis will promote overall health and wellness.
- Red – Root Chakra supporting foods include: beets, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, red peppers, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, pink grapefruit, lobster, crab meat
- Orange – Sacral Chakra supporting foods include: oranges, tangerines, mangoes apricots , nectarines , pumpkin sweet potatoes
- Yellow – Solar Plexus Chakra supportive foods include: yellow bell peppers lemon , yellow summer squash , corn honey ginger turmeric
- Green – Heart Chakra supportive foods include: green vegetables such as spinach kale Brussels sprouts green bell peppers avocado celery cucumber peas limes
- Blue – Throat Chakra supportive foods include: blueberries grapes blackberries blackcurrants
- Indigo – Third Eye Chakra supportive foods include: blueberries blackberries blackstrap molasses prunes raisins
- Violet – Crown Chakra supportive foods include: purple grapes eggplant plums figs blackberries lavender
Eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables is important for maintaining a healthy body and mind. Incorporating chakra supporting foods into your diet can help keep your energy centers in balance and prevent physical, emotional, and mental health issues before they start. Choose a few chakras to focus on each week and add some of their corresponding colors to your plate at mealtime. Your body—and taste buds—will thank you!